Cashback credit cards are one of the best tools to save money and get rewarded when you spend. However, picking which cashback credit card is right for you is a daunting task! I get asked all the time for tips and recommendations on choosing a great cashback credit card. I addressed these questions in my latest YouTube video, but I also broke down my favorite cashback credit card options for you below to make the choice a little easier.
- Earn 5% cashback on your firsts $1,500 worth of purchases in bonus categories per quarter
- Bonus categories change every quarter – so you get extra cash back on different purchases every quarter
- Incredible customer service
- After the initial $1,500 of purchases, you’re capped at 1% cashback
- The bonus category changes every quarter – this can be bad if the bonus category isn’t something you typically shop for
- Unlimited 4% cashback on dining and entertainment
- Get a $300 cash bonus is you spend $3,000 in the first 3 months
- Earn 8% cashback on ticket purchases through Vivid Seats through May 2020
- No fees for the first year
- Get 2% cashback on grocery purchases
- Get 1% cashback on all other purchases
- $95 service fees after the first year
- If you don’t spend a lot on dining and entertainment, you’ll miss out on all of the extras this card offers
- Capital One customer service is not as great as some other companies
- Get a $150 cash reward when you spend $500 in the first 3 months
- Low intro APR for the first 15 months
- Cell phone protection
- Earn 1.5% cashback on all purchases with no categories or limitations
- Earn 1.8% cashback when you use GooglePay or Apple Pay in the first 12 months
- No fee for the first year
- Less cashback possibility than some more specialized cards
- Annual fees after the first year
- APR changes after the first 15 months
- Earn 5% cashback on rotating categories every quarter
- Earn 1% cashback on everything else
- No annual fee
- Cashback match for your first year – with no limit!
- 100% US-based customer service
- Discover is not as widely accepted as some other cards like Visa
You can probably tell from my pros and cons list, but the Discover it Cashback credit card is my personal favorite all in cashback credit card. With that being said, we all spend differently so it is important that you find the card that works best for you! Regardless of which cashback credit card you choose, it is important to remember a few things:
- Read the terms and conditions
- A lot of cashback credit card companies entice you with great promotions that end 3-6 months into service – look for longevity
- Find a card that features categories that you frequently shop in to maximize your cashback possibility
I totally understand how confusing it can be to find the right cashback credit card for you, so I hope this cheat sheet helped you! For more articles like this one, make sure to check out all of my blog posts. If you want to see current sales some of my favorite products, make sure to check out my deals page. Last, but certainly not least, don’t forget to sign up for my email list! This will notify you every time I find a new deal!
Save More on the hottest Items!
You will be notified before the general public if prices drop or a huge sale is happening at basement prices on electronics, kitchen products, clothing, tech, personal items and more. My job as a journalist is to find the best sales and save you money.