Our goal was to create an elite, multi-purpose, full-size, 8-inch, chef’s knife; using German, ice-hardened, stainless steel, hollow edge with rocking design at an affordable price.
The best cutlery makers in the world (Zwilling J.A., Henckels and Wusthoff) have exceptional products, that will last more than two lifetimes and worth every penny – except they are not affordable for many individuals.
The lower cost knives that are on the market are affordable, but not made with German steel, and typically wear prematurely, leading to an unpleasant cutting experience.
This all-rounder knife is made for professionals and hobby chefs, alike.
- The hollow edge creates pockets of air that prevent extra-thin or soft slices from sticking to the blade
- It’s ideal for slicing, mincing, dicing of all kind of food
- Ergonomic handle design developed in consultation with professional chefs
- This design is one of the world’s most popular knife lines
This knife features precision forged from a single piece of exclusive German, high carbon stainless steel. As a result, this knife has improved quality consistency, lasting sharpness, and perfect geometry. In addition, the steel blade goes through a special ice-hardening process called Friodur. This process changes the molecular structure of the steel improving the cutting properties providing a remarkably sharp blade and ensures a long-lasting cutting edge.
Each knife is hand sharpened, polished and laser controlled to assure the cutting edge is accurate along the full length of the blade.The Five Star series features high impact polypropylene handles that are permanently bonded to the knife blades without any gaps. These comfortable, molded handles are break-proof, sanitary, and colorfast. In addition, the super bolster and full tang provides weight, ensures safety and adds balance.
Features and benefits include:
- Sigmaforge knife is precision-forged from a single piece of exclusive high carbon stainless steel
- Full tang with bolster provides solid grip and balance; polypropylene molded handle provides comfortable grip
- 57 Rockwell Hardness; 15° blade angle delivers outstanding cutting performance
- Friodur ice-hardened blades are remarkably sharp, stay sharper longer and are highly corrosion resistant