Avoid Bacteria & Viruses on Your Phone. Here’s how to clean your mobile device the right way
This article is not intended to make anyone scared or uneasy with recent international health news.
However, I do think it is fair to say that it is good policy to make sure you are doing what you can to be safe.
As virus’ continue to dominate the headlines, we have heard good advice to keep ourselves and our families safe:
These Coronavirus and Other Infectious Disease Preventative Measures Include:
- Frequently wash your hands
- Cover your cough
- Avoid contacting your face, eyes, and mouth after touching questionable surfaces.
- Maintain at least 1 metre (3 feet) distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
- If you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical care early
However, what you may have not heard or considered is your phone.
Oftentimes, your phone touches your face and it is in close proximity to your eyes and mouth – every day.
While it is impractical to buy a new phone every few days – wouldn’t it be great to have something as clean as a new phone every day?
This product has been featured in many news outlets recently.
Phone Sanitizer – Sanitize, disinfect and charges cell-phones!
Your Smart-phone is even more gross than you thought!
It’s effective and $20-$50 less than other competing brands.
Furthermore, it has a built-in charger!
Whether you use it to text, type or talk – our phones seem to have become an extension of our bodies.
Our phones have become essential.
But did you know… your phone is one of the dirtiest things that you handle?
Chances are, there are more types of bacteria on it than on the average toilet seat.
Toilet seat comparisons are fun, but really it should be no surprise since your phone comes into contact with so much more of yourself and the world — and toilet seats are usually cleaned more frequently.
Studies have found many different types of bacteria and viruses on phones.
It’s common to find bacteria that lives on the skin and in the respiratory tract, as well as bacteria that lives in fecal matter.
And while most of those bacteria won’t make you sick, they’re not all completely harmless.
Various studies have found:
- E. coli
- and many other species living on mobile phones
*I have used this product myself and I am impressed with the ease of use. Furthermore, as other companies have begun to raise their price due to the demand, this company has decreased its price to their vendors to make sure everyone has some inventory on hand.
According to the SMCP, Regularly cleaning your phone and washing your hands are a better way to fight the coronavirus spread than wearing a face mask
It’s fair to say if you think it’s important to clean a toilet seat – it’s even more important to clean your phone!
You really can’t get your phone wet or spray liquids (even screen sanitizers) on your device without the risk of clouding the screen or ruining the device.
Good news – No liquid required!
With the advancement of small Ultra Violet lamps from the medical community, comes the safe way to clean and protect our devices.
Phone Sanitizer – Sanitize, disinfect and charge your phone!
- Dual UV lamp – Disinfects up to 99.99% of bacteria
- Rapid – Complete clean in under 5-minutes
- Wireless Qi phone charger – with compatible Qi charging devices
- Wired phone charging – with a cord for older or non-Qi capable phones
Not only should your device recharge – so should you!
What NOT to do when cleaning your Phone:
- Wash Your Phone with rubbing alcohol or a disinfectant wipes. These can damage your device’s screen and remove the coating that protects your device from oils and grease!
- Let any water or moisture into openings, like the charging port, speakers, mute switch or elsewhere.
- If your device has any case or covering, it’s very important to clean that too.
- Normal household cleaners may be safe to use on only the case!!!
- Make sure the case is dry before putting it back on your device.
The Best Way to Disinfect Your Device:
If you want to truly disinfect your device, however, household cleaners, aerosol sprays, chemicals, alcohols and other cleaners could be damaging. Instead, use ultraviolet light cleansers which are specifically designed to keep your phone germ free by bathing it in UV rays.
“Ultraviolet germicidal irradiation (UVGI) is an established means of disinfection and can be used to prevent the spread of certain infectious diseases.”
Pur Phon-itizer also includes:
- Aromatherapy – use your favorite scent of essential oil to rejuvenate your senses
And there’s more:
Not only can the Pur Phon-itizer sanitize, disinfect and charge your phone, it can also be used with other often used but seldom sanitized items, including:
- Baby toys
- And more!
Other similar models sell for $100 or more.
For more articles relevant to current events and tips and tricks for saving on all types of daily purchases check out the rest of my blogs. To see more of my favorite products that are currently on sale check out all of my deals, and as always, make sure you’re on my email list! I send new deals and articles to my email list FIRST so you’ll know about the best deals before anyone else!
Save More on the hottest Items!
You will be notified before the general public if prices drop or a huge sale is happening at basement prices on electronics, kitchen products, clothing, tech, personal items and more. My job as a journalist is to find the best sales and save you money.